Delicious in Dungeon
Written & drawn by Kui, Ryoko
Genre: Fantasy, Adventure, Seinen
Publisher: Yen Press
Summary from Barnes & Noble:
When young adventurer Laios and his company are attacked and soundly thrashed by a dragon deep in a dungeon, the party loses all its money and provisions…and a member! They’re eager to go back and save her, but there is just one problem: If they set out with no food or coin to speak of, they’re sure to starve on the way! But Laios comes up with a brilliant idea: “Let’s eat the monsters!” Slimes, basilisks, and even dragons…none are safe from the appetites of these dungeon-crawling gourmands!
Thoughts & tangents:
- Hilarious & lighthearted read! Basically, just a fun take of a cooking manga that takes place in the dangerous environment of the dungeons.
- There are certain games that drop ‘Meat’ after the defeat of a monster, but I never put two and two together. XP (Then I realized that Toriko also had a similar set up yet I still did not put two and two together. XD)
- Loved that the focus is on the ‘synthesis’ (but not synthesis, do you know what I mean?) portion of gathering and combining complement ingredients together to get the best final product. This idea was one the main reasons why I purchased it.
- I’m a reader that likes the synthesis process especially surrounding weaponry and skills. For instance, if you increase one stat more than others then the nature of the weaponry will change. Ack. Not very good with words. I guess a better visual would be the webcomic, The Gamer by Sangyoung Seong aka Sang-A.
- Looking forward to future interactions between the characters.
- There’s the head strong leader, Laios, who has a rather quirky interest in tasting monsters.
- The magic user Marcille who is reluctant to see eating monsters as a norm.
- Chilchuck, the reliable picklock who helps the team avoid dungeon traps.
- And finally, Senshi, the dwarf that is happily sharing his knowledge in cooking monsters to kindred companions.
- I can’t wait to see how the story will unwind.
Updated on January 16, 2018